Assessment in the Early Years
On-going formative assessment is at the heart of effective Early Years practice.
At Hinguar Nursery we:
- Observe children as they act and interact in their play,
- Consider the development of each child through every day and planned activities,
- Work in partnership with parents to acknowledge what the child does at home,
- Use a combination of assessment techniques and effective planning to identify where the child may be in their own developmental pathway.
- Consider ways to support the child to strengthen and deepen their current learning and development
- Identify possible areas in which to challenge and extend the child’s current learning and development