Home Learning Summer term 2020
Home Learning Activities
Here you will find learning grids, spelling lists and communication from the staff.
Click on the drop down menu for your child's phase / year group for new home learning ideas.
If you or yourchild have any questions about their work, or you would like to share what you are up to please email:
Please see the links below for how to keep your child safe online when they are taking part in home / remote learning.
* support for parents and carers to keep children safe online, which outlines resources to help keep children safe from different risks online and where to go to find support and advice
· guidance on staying safe online which includes information on security and privacy settings
· Thinkuknow provides advice from the National Crime Agency (NCA) on staying safe online
· Parent info is a collaboration between Parentzone and the NCA providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations
· Childnet offers a toolkit to support parents and carers of children of any age to start discussions about their online life, to set boundaries around online behaviour and technology use, and to find out where to get more help and support
· Internet matters provides age-specific online safety checklists, guides on how to set parental controls on a range of devices, and a host of practical tips to help children get the most out of their digital world
· London Grid for Learning has support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online, including tips to keep primary aged children safe online
· Net-aware has support for parents and carers from the NSPCC, including a guide to social networks, apps and games
· Let’s Talk About It has advice for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation
· UK Safer Internet Centre has tips, advice, guides and other resources to help keep children safe online, including parental controls offered by home Internet providers and safety tools on social networks and other online services
To help children understand the coronavirus, click here to read and share a children's guide to the virus.
Remember that wellbeing matters for all right now...
Family Lives are a national charity supporting vulnerable and low income families. They are still operating 100% of their services including a helpline and on-line Forums.Find out more at :
Purple Mash have added more activities and Resourses.
There are free Headstart activities for Years 1 to 6.
Supportand advice for families regarding children's learningis available from:
Please find below a list of websites providing online lessons or lesson activityideas
For younger children, visit Hungry Minds or the preschool section of education.com for ideas and activities to do at home with your children.
Everyday, there will be BBC lessons online
Just go to:https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
White Rose are sharing 5 maths lessons a week for each year group for you to complete at home. This is from Early Years through to Year 6. Log in and learn!
Activities for all year groups are also available from the Teacher's Pet website:
Please see a list of websites that provide ideas and videos ofways to keep fit and healthy
Joe Wicks Kids Workouts – Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+wicks+kids+workout Hiit sessions for children(5min videos can be done in a small space)
PE with Joe Wicks Monday – Friday 9am live on Youtube The Body Coach TV #PEwithJOE
Free to sign up for families and educators
BBC SuperMovers – 20 minute active learning programme for 9-11 year olds.
Cosmic Kids Yoga – Youtube yoga routines follow
Gymnastic workouts -Twitter
@maxwhitlock1 the British Olympic gymnast Max is doing 14 days of workouts to complete at home. Follow him on twitter
@GetSet4PE – Twitter
will be tweeting an active task each day.
Its free to join just click on the link or follow on twitter @imovesactive keep your children active and healthy with daily session and activities.
Change4life Activities for Children
10 minute shake up activities to do at home with children
Active Essex https://www.activeessex.org/keep-active-at-home/ will be providing opportunities and ideas to keep active at home.
Premier league primary stars https://plprimarystars.com/
For a wide collection of free, curriculum linked activities to educate and entertain children at home
Keep an eye on the @southendwestssp twitter page and via www.SPSSA.co.uk for more videos/ideas.
Click on the link below for a copy of the monopoly fitness board.